TROY, Mich., Sept. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Two new electronic systems from Meritor, Inc. (NYSE:MTOR) are keeping military vehicles rolling through various terrains and extreme conditions with outstanding traction and mobility.
Building on Meritor's heritage of advanced engineering, SmartFlow™ Central Tire Inflation System (CTIS) and DriveCommand™ Drivetrain Control (DTC) deliver customized tire pressure and drivetrain management through mud, sand and snow, on highways and cross-country, and in emergency situations.
"Both systems improve vehicle performance for warfighters in extreme conditions because drivers can easily control tire pressure, differential locking and transfer case positioning," said Tim Burns, vice president, North America, Meritor. "Our engineering investment in developing these two electronic systems extends our defense product line to include wheel valves and electronics. The systems can potentially cross over into other segments, including commercial vehicle."
These lightweight systems are controlled independently by a single Human Machine Interface (HMI) unit and mount easily in the cab or on the chassis of High-Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicles (HMMWVs) and Joint Light Tactical Vehicles (JLTV). The U.S. Army and Marine Corps are expected to be first-time users of the systems, which can be integrated into any military vehicle with an onboard air compressor.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV