Sept. 17, 2013
/PRNewswire/ -- Scientific Games Corporation (Nasdaq: SGMS) today announced the planned organizational structure and leadership team of the combined company following the closing of the Company's pending merger with WMS Industries Inc. (NYSE: WMS). Post-merger, the senior corporate executives of Scientific Games will remain in their current roles, including
A. Lorne Weil
, who will serve as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of the combined company. Operationally, the Company will be organized into two industry groups - Gaming and Lottery.
The Gaming group is expected to be composed of:
- the core WMS Gaming business;
- Scientific Games' server-based gaming business headquartered in the U.K.;
- Gaming-related systems businesses of both Scientific Games and WMS; and
- Williams Interactive.
The Gaming group will be led by
William J. Huntley
, who will serve as Executive Vice President and Group Chief Executive of Gaming, reporting to Mr. Weil. Mr. Huntley currently serves as Executive Vice President and Chief Executive Officer, Systems, of Scientific Games, and has overseen the successful integration of several major acquisitions for Scientific Games.
The senior management team of the Gaming group will report directly to Mr. Huntley and is anticipated to include:
Orrin J. Edidin
- Ken S. Lochiatto, President and Chief Operating Officer of WMS Gaming;
- Scott D. Schweinfurth, Chief Financial Officer of Gaming and Chief Integration Officer of Scientific Games;
- Frederick M. Gabbard, Senior Vice President, Product Development;
- Steven W. Beason, Enterprise Chief Technology Officer of Scientific Games;
- Brooks H. Pierce, Chief Revenue Officer of Gaming;
- Phil Horne, Group Managing Director of SG Gaming U.K.; and
- Jordan E. Levin, Managing Director of Williams Interactive.
will assume the role of Senior Vice President, Strategy and Business Development of Gaming, reporting directly to Mr. Weil.
, Executive Chairman of SG Gaming U.K., will continue to report to Mr. Weil. Messrs. Lochiatto, Schweinfurth, Gabbard, Levin, and Edidin currently serve in senior management roles at WMS.
Brian R. Gamache
, who has served as Chief Executive Officer of WMS since 2001 and Chairman since
, will continue with Scientific Games in a consulting capacity to provide strategic advice to Mr. Weil and the senior management team as the two companies complete the integration and focus on the continued growth of the Company's global gaming business.
Both of Scientific Games' lottery businesses - Printed Products and Lottery Systems - will be led by
James C. Kennedy
, who will serve as Executive Vice President, Group Chief Executive of Lottery, reporting to Mr. Weil.
"This announcement is an exciting step forward in the evolution of Scientific Games into a global gaming company with the most comprehensive portfolio of products and services and world-class functional expertise across the lottery and gaming industries," said Mr. Weil. "I am excited about the experienced leadership team we have chosen to take Scientific Games to the next level of success. We are uniting two highly complementary businesses and creating a collaborative team focused on delivering new solutions, truly innovative content, world-class technology and industry-leading services to customers around the globe."