RIDGEFIELD, Conn. and
Sept. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Boehringer Ingelheim and Eli Lilly and Company (Lilly; NYSE: LLY) today announced they will feature five oral and 12 poster presentations for linagliptin and the investigational compound
^ at the 49
th Annual Meeting of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes (EASD), which will take place in
September 23 – 27.
Empagliflozin Data A total of eight clinical abstracts for the investigational agent empagliflozin will be presented. Empagliflozin is a sodium glucose co-transporter 2 (SGLT2) inhibitor being investigated for the reduction of blood glucose levels in adults with type 2 diabetes (T2D). The emerging SGLT2 inhibitor class removes excess glucose through the urine by blocking glucose re-absorption by the kidney.
^ Empagliflozin is an investigational compound. Its safety and efficacy have not been established.
Details of clinical presentations for empagliflozin are as follows: 1
Tuesday, September 24, 12:30–1:30 CET, General Poster Session
- Empagliflozin as Add-on to Basal Insulin for 78 Weeks Improves Glycemic Control and Weight Loss in Insulin-Treated Type 2 Diabetes (T2DM) (Presenting Author: J. Rosenstock) [Poster No. 931]
- Safety and Efficacy of Empagliflozin Monotherapy in a 52-Week Study in Japanese Patients with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus (Presenting Author: H. J. Woerle) [Poster No. 930]
- Metabolic Response to Sodium Glucose Transporter 2 (SGLT2) Inhibition with Empagliflozin in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes (T2D) (Presenting Author: E. Ferrannini) [Poster No. 932]
Tuesday, September 24, 1:45–2:45 CET, General Poster Session
- Empagliflozin Improves Blood Pressure in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes (T2DM) and Hypertension (Presenting Author: I. Tikkanen) [Poster No. 942]
- Empagliflozin Improved Glycemic Parameters and Cardiovascular Risk Factors in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes (T2DM): Pooled Data from Four Pivotal Phase III Trials (Presenting Author: T. Hach) [Poster No. 943]
- Design of the Empagliflozin Cardiovascular Outcome Event Trial in Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus (Presenting Author: S. E. Inzucchi) [Poster No. 944]
- Empagliflozin in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus (T2DM) and Stage 3A, 3B and 4 Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) (Presenting Author: A. Mithal) [Poster No. 952]
- The Sodium Glucose Co-Transporter-2 (SGLT2) Inhibitor Empagliflozin Improves Glycemic Control in Patients with Type 1 Diabetes: A Single-Arm Clinical Trial (Presenting Author: B. A. Perkins) [Oral Presentation No. 31]