INDIANAPOLIS, Sept. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Eli Lilly and Company (NYSE: LLY) today announced that a total of 31 abstracts will be presented at the 49 th European Association for the Study of Diabetes Annual Meeting in Barcelona, September 23-27. In seven presentations, Lilly will share Phase III data for dulaglutide, its investigational GLP-1 receptor agonist, and Phase II data for LY2605541, its investigational novel basal insulin analog.
Seventeen abstracts will be presented by Boehringer Ingelheim on behalf of the Alliance with Lilly.
Lilly will present an additional seven abstracts, including research from its early-stage pipeline. Lilly's pipeline comprises nearly a dozen potential new medicines for the treatment of diabetes and its related conditions, encompassing both large and small molecules, and targeting a variety of mechanisms.
Following are details on some of the presentations from Lilly's late-stage pipeline.Dulaglutide Data Six dulaglutide abstracts will be presented, including efficacy, safety and health outcomes data from the Phase III programme. One of these abstracts will be given as an oral presentation. Details for the presentations are as follows:
- Tuesday, 24 September 2013, 10:45-12:15 CEST, Oral Presentation
- Efficacy and safety of dulaglutide vs metformin in type 2 diabetes (AWARD-3) ( Santiago Tofe Povedano) [Presentation 4]
- Tuesday, 24 September 2013, 13:45-14:45 CEST, General Poster Session
- Dose-finding results in an adaptive trial of dulaglutide combined with metformin in type 2 diabetes (AWARD-5) ( Zachary Skrivanek) [Poster No. 1003]
- Thursday, 26 September 2013, 13:45-14:45 CEST, General Poster Session
- Efficacy and safety of dulaglutide versus placebo and exenatide in type 2 diabetes (AWARD-1) ( Carol Wysham) [Poster No. 919]
- Safety and efficacy of dulaglutide vs sitagliptin after 104 weeks in type 2 diabetes (AWARD-5) ( Bruno Guerci) [Poster No. 920]
- Efficacy and safety of dulaglutide vs sitagliptin after 52 weeks in type 2 diabetes (AWARD-5) ( Michael Nauck) [Poster No. 921]
- Patient-reported outcomes with dulaglutide, exenatide, or placebo (AWARD-1) ( Kate Van Brunt) [Poster No. 985]
- Thursday, 26 September 2013, 12:30-13:30 CEST, General Poster Session
- LY2605541 exhibits a flatter glucodynamic profile than insulin glargine at steady state in subjects with type 1 diabetes ( Linda Morrow) [Poster No. 1030]