HIGHLANDS RANCH, Colo., Sept. 17, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Advanced Emissions Solutions, Inc. (Nasdaq:ADES) (the "Company") today announced that it has recently received awards and letters of intent to award for more than $7 million in Activated Carbon Injection (ACI) and Dry Sorbent Injection (DSI) systems from multiple utilities. Since June 30, 2013, the Company has booked more than $30 million in new contracts, including a fleet wide order for DSI and ACI systems from a large utility. Backlog at June 30, 2013 stood at $33.2 million. Work has begun on some of the projects and deliveries of the systems are scheduled to begin in 2014.
These awards are the result of the recent EPA Mercury and Air Toxics Standard (MATS), which could generate a total market for equipment in excess of $1 billion for ACI and DSI systems. Since the MATS market commenced in 2011, the Company's subsidiaries have won or received letters of intent to award contracts currently valued at more than $85 million for DSI and ACI systems. We are currently working on bids or discussing potential projects for ACI and DSI systems in excess of an additional $160 million. The recent wins build on the Company's position as the leader in providing utilities equipment to meet the MATS rule.
Dr. Michael Durham, President and CEO of the Company, stated "We are proud to be selected by our customers to provide them with solutions to meet the new federal MATS rules. The market for equipment is well underway and evolving as we expected. We have taken a number of steps to be ready for this market, including growing our engineering capabilities, and have put in place arrangements with various suppliers and component manufacturers to meet the growing market demand."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV