- ASV advanced $25 million, up 6% excluding currency
- Adjusted EPS was $1.20, up 11%
- Free cash flow was $71 million, up 38%
NORWALK, Conn., Sept. 17, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- FactSet Research Systems Inc. (NYSE:FDS) (Nasdaq:FDS), a leading provider of integrated financial information and analytical applications to the global investment community, today announced its results for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2013.
For the quarter ended August 31, 2013, revenues increased to $219.3 million, up 6% over the prior year. Operating income was $70.5 million compared to $70.6 million in the year ago quarter. Net income was $51.0 million versus $48.5 million a year ago. Diluted earnings per share was $1.16 compared to $1.08 in the same period of fiscal 2012.
Adjusted operating income for the quarter was $73.2 million, up 4% over the prior year. Adjusted operating income excludes a non-cash pre-tax charge of $2.6 million for stock-based compensation primarily related to vesting of performance-based options granted in connection with the acquisition of StreetAccount in June 2012.Adjusted net income increased 9% to $52.8 million, while adjusted diluted EPS grew 11% to $1.20. Adjusted net income and diluted EPS both exclude the after-tax stock-based compensation charge of $1.9 million or $0.04 per diluted share. A reconciliation between GAAP and adjusted financial measures is presented on page 8 of this press release.
|(Condensed and Unaudited)||Three Months Ended August 31,|
|(In thousands, except per share data)||2013||2012||Change|
|Adjusted operating income||$73,173||$70,627||4%|
|Adjusted net income||$52,840||$48,539||9%|
|Adjusted diluted earnings per share||$1.20||$1.08||11%|
|Diluted weighted average shares||44,043||45,152|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV