Beginning October 7, 2013, businesses that file Sales and Use Taxes in Mississippi will use the Department of Revenue’s new online filing system accessed through the Taxpayer Access Point (TAP.) Those taxpayers that file Withholding Tax or Corporate Tax already use this system. With the October 7 implementation, most taxes administered by the DOR are included in the system allowing taxpayers to manage all of their tax accounts in one place.
To get to TAP, just go to www.dor.ms.gov and click on the TAP icon.
To assist Taxpayers with the transition to the new system, multiple videos containing step-by-step instructions are available on the agency’s website. In addition, several notices have been sent to business taxpayers advising of upcoming changes.
Using TAP is free; all that is needed is Internet access. One advantage of TAP includes the ability for the Department to send taxpayers a courtesy email to remind them if they miss a return due date. This allows the taxpayer to minimize any late filing penalties and avoid an assessment. Additionally, taxpayers may:
- File returns and amend returns: TAP makes sure all required information is included and performs the math calculations for you.
- Make electronic payments of returns and assessments: you can file your return early and pre-schedule the payment for a later date.
- View tax account activity and print copies at any time.
- Register a new business or add accounts to your business
- Apply for permits and pay for permit renewals.
- Make address changes or close your account.
- View correspondence from the DOR.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV