NATICK, Massachusetts, September 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Boston Scientific Corporation (NYSE: BSX) reported favorable six-month results from the first 60 patients enrolled in the REPRISE II clinical trial evaluating the safety and performance of the Lotus™ Valve System in symptomatic patients with severe aortic stenosis considered at high risk for surgical valve replacement.
The data, which were presented today at PCR London Valves and formally received the honor of Best Abstract 2013, demonstrated excellent results with no new valve-related adverse events between 30 days and six months. Additionally, there were no cases of moderate or severe paravalvular regurgitation in any patient at six months.
- Excellent hemodynamic results continue to be observed at six months as demonstrated by mean aortic valve pressure gradient of 12.1 ± 5.0 mmHg and mean aortic valve area of 1.8 ± 0.5 cm 2.
- Independent core lab assessment of paravalvular aortic regurgitation showed 76.1 percent of patients presenting with no paravalvular regurgitation and no cases of moderate or severe regurgitation.
- There were no new valve-related adverse events recorded between 30 days and six months.
- The NYHA classification data demonstrated a significant improvement in heart failure symptoms at six months compared to baseline.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts