Many wonder if the gold miners can rejuvenate confidence among disenchanted investors. If Goldman Sach is correct about the direction of the price of the golden metal, that may be the final nail in the coffin.
If you decide to begin accumulating shares of ABX or NEM, it would be important to have a disciplined exit strategy that you can count on if shares head the wrong direction.
If the precious metals sector can feign death one more time, it may be the buying opportunity of a lifetime. Watch Barrick as the harbinger of the group. For those of us who are long the stock, let's hope a well-respected activist investor starts accumulating shares.At the time of publication the author the author is long ABX and NEM. Follow @m8a2r1 This article was written by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV