F5 Networks, Inc. (NASDAQ: FFIV) today announced that M1 Limited ( M1), a leading full-service provider of mobile and fixed communications services in Singapore, has deployed the F5 ® Traffix ™ Signaling Delivery Controller ™ (SDC ™) Diameter solution to optimize mobility management in its LTE home network and provide high quality LTE roaming services.
“M1 is the first operator in Southeast Asia to offer nationwide 4G in Singapore, and we are committed to delivering a high quality 4G experience to customers using our network in the country and when they travel overseas,” said Patrick Scodeller, Chief Operating Officer at M1. “To achieve that goal, we selected the F5 Traffix Signaling Delivery Controller as a Diameter Edge Agent (DEA) to enable simple and seamless integration between our network and IPX carriers, and as a Diameter Routing Agent (DRA) for consistent network reliability and tight control.”
“With the F5 Traffix SDC located both in the core and at the edge, M1’s network is secure and protected by normalizing the flow of signaling messages, preventing failover or many other situations that could negatively impact performance,” said Ben Volkow, VP, Product Development at F5. “Our Diameter-based SDC has proved itself in more than 30 installations with leading operators across the globe, enabling them to maintain top network performance despite LTE’s demanding traffic levels. LTE requires operators to take a renewed approach in designing their network architecture due to the many challenges associated with the surge in data and signaling traffic, and M1 can be commended in its early understanding of the critical need for Diameter signaling management solutions.”
Other key operator benefits that influenced M1 to select the F5 Traffix SDC include its ability to:
- Receive detailed information in each network transaction – Component-based tracing provides greater visibility of the control plane at a granular level. Operators gain information on subscribers and network operations, including troubleshooting insight to prevent service disruptions.
- Enable heterogeneous environments – Disparate components can work together efficiently and with greater flexibility in the network through message normalization of AVPs.
- Maintain one central address – An Element Management System (EMS) provides a wide range of reporting and control capabilities.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts