The problem is, these requirements really narrows down the pickings. In fact, they narrow them down to only about 220 stocks out of the almost 3,600 stocks I follow.
So for all these people looking for stocks in companies that do not seek to relentlessly improve profits and shareholder value: Good news: You have a lot to choose from -- the other 3,380 stocks that do not get my top ratings.
Courtesy of StockCharts.comTake a look at OCN's one year chart -- OCN has been in an uptrend as it recently broke out of a sideways trend. It's also currently hitting new, all-time highs. OCN was a $2 stock in 2008 and it is a $56 stock today, and I think it can go higher. It is a stock that I own at Gunderson Capital Management and I fully expect to own it two years from now as well. Data from Best Stocks Now App At the time of publication the author had a position in OCN. Follow @billgunderson This article was written by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV