NEW YORK, Sept. 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Takeshi "Ken" Itai has joined Cohen & Steers, effective September 9, 2013, as Head of the firm's Representative Office in Japan.
Mr. Itai joins Cohen & Steers from Wellington International Management where he served as Relationship Manager, Associate Partner, and Head of Japan Financial Intermediary Group in Tokyo. Previously, Mr. Itai had been a manager in the client service department of Putnam Investments and an institutional client portfolio manager at Chase Trust Bank in Tokyo. He also had various responsibilities during his 18-year tenure at the Industrial Bank of Japan.
In this newly created role, Mr. Itai will serve to enhance the firm's client relationships in Japan. Robert Steers, co-chairman and co-chief executive officer of Cohen & Steers, remarked, "Ken brings with him a deep understanding of the Japanese sub-advisory industry. Very few professionals offer a record of excellence in relationship management comparable to the work that Ken has accomplished in Japan."
"Ken's arrival further demonstrates the ongoing commitment of Cohen & Steers to deliver the highest level of client service in Japan," said Martin Cohen, co-chairman and co-chief executive officer of Cohen & Steers. "We are pleased to have someone of his caliber join our team."More information is available at cohenandsteers.com. Website: http://cohenandsteers.com/ Symbol: NYSE: CNS About Cohen & Steers Founded in 1986, Cohen & Steers is a leading global investment manager with a long history of innovation and a focus on real assets, including real estate, infrastructure and commodities. Headquartered in New York City, with offices in London, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seattle, Cohen & Steers serves institutional and individual investors around the world. SOURCE Cohen & Steers, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV