RONKONKOMA, N.Y., Sept. 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Lakeland Industries, Inc. (NASDAQ: LAKE), a leading global manufacturer of protective clothing for industry, healthcare and to first responders on the federal, state and local levels, is responding to recent inquiries of shareholders and investment articles surrounding the junior and senior financing transactions completed by Lakeland Industries, Inc. (the "Company") in June 2013.
The per annum interest rate on the Company's senior credit facility of $15 million with Alostar Business Credit, a division of Alostar Bank of Commerce, is LIBOR plus 525 basis points (with a floor of 6.25%). Since the applicable per annum LIBOR rate is lower than 0.5%, the current effective per annum interest rate on the senior debt is 6.25%.
As a condition precedent of the senior loan, the Company was required to obtain a $3.5 million subordinated loan. The Company secured a junior loan with LKL Investments, an affiliate of Arenal Capital, which provides for per annum interest at the rate of 12% through December 27, 2016, and the issuance to the junior lender of a common stock warrant to purchase 566,015 shares of the common stock of the Company at $.01 per share. The overall per annum rate of return of the entire $3.5 million junior debt financing, taking into account the 12% interest rate and assuming a three year exit on the warrant, is approximately 30%.Being that the junior loan was a condition of the senior financing transaction, the Company has calculated a blended per annum rate of the loans of approximately 10 to 11% based upon certain reasonable assumptions, including the relative size of the two loans and attributing a value to the warrant based upon the market price of the common stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV