Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified Incyte (INCY) as a post-market laggard candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Incyte as such a stock due to the following factors:
- INCY has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $63.5 million.
- INCY is down 6.1% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in INCY with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for INCY NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on INCY: Incyte Corporation, a biopharmaceutical company, focuses on the discovery, development, and commercialization of proprietary small molecule drugs for oncology and inflammation. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate Incyte a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.The average volume for Incyte has been 1.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Incyte has a market cap of $5.7 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 0.85 and a short float of 14.4% with 6.11 days to cover. Shares are up 124.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Incyte as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its poor profit margins and feeble growth in its earnings per share.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The gross profit margin for INCYTE CORP is rather low; currently it is at 24.95%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year.
- INCYTE CORP has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, INCYTE CORP continued to lose money by earning -$0.36 versus -$1.48 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 2.8% in earnings (-$0.37 versus -$0.36).
- The net income has significantly decreased by 163.7% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $4.04 million to -$2.57 million.
- Net operating cash flow has declined marginally to $8.08 million or 7.37% when compared to the same quarter last year.
- Compared to its price level of one year ago, INCY is up 105.00% to its most recent closing price of 37.25. Looking ahead, however, our view is that this stock's fundamentals could hold back its rise or even push it down.
- You can view the full Incyte Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Latest Headlines about INCY
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV