SAN JOSE, Calif., Sept. 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Vocera Communications, Inc. (NYSE: VCRA), the leading provider of integrated, intelligent communication solutions for mission-critical environments in healthcare, hospitality, energy, retail and other mobile work environments, today announced that M. Bridget Duffy, M.D., chief medical officer at Vocera, will speak at two upcoming events focused on improving patient experience: the University of Wisconsin Health Patient Experience Week held in Madison, Wis., September 16-20, 2013, and the National Research Corporation's 19th Annual International Patient-Centered Care Symposium held in Baltimore, Md., September 22-25, 2013.
- During Wisconsin Health's Patient Experience Week, Dr. Duffy will give a keynote presentation, titled: " Restoring Human Connection in Healthcare," on Tuesday, September 17 at 5:45 p.m. CT. She will also be meeting with physician coaches that day and leading a duplicate keynote session on Wednesday, September 18 at 11:30 a.m. CT. Both speeches will take place at the UW-Madison Health Sciences Learning Center (HSLC) Atrium at 750 Highland Avenue in Madison, Wisconsin.
- At the National Research Corporation's 19 th Annual International Patient-Centered Care Symposium, Dr. Duffy will lead a general session, titled: "Restoring the Human Experience of Care," on Monday, September 23 at 8:30 a.m. ET. Her session will take place in Harborside A-C of the Baltimore Marriott Waterfront at 700 Aliceanna Street in Baltimore, Maryland.
M. Bridget Duffy, M.D., is the chief medical officer of Vocera. Before serving in this role, she co-founded and served as CEO of ExperiaHealth. Dr. Duffy also held the position of chief experience officer (CXO) of the Cleveland Clinic, the first senior position of its kind in the nation, where she guided the institution in reprioritizing their strategic goals to emphasize the patient experience. She frequently speaks about the importance of patient experience and the ways in which it affects clinical and financial outcomes. She has been honored by HealthLeaders magazine as one of "20 People Who Make Healthcare Better" and received the Quantum Leap Award for sparking international change in the healthcare field. Dr. Duffy is a graduate of the University of Minnesota's medical school and completed her residency in internal medicine at Abbott Northwestern Hospital in Minneapolis, Minn., where she created and served as medical director for one of the U.S.'s first "hospitalist" services. Dr. Duffy also served as medical director of Medtronic, Inc.
About VoceraVocera empowers integrated, intelligent communication for mission-critical environments in healthcare, hospitality, energy, retail and other mobile work environments. One of the fastest growing mobile technology companies, Vocera is widely recognized for developing smarter ways to communicate that improve patient and customer satisfaction. Exclusively endorsed by the American Hospital Association, Vocera® Voice Communication, Secure Messaging, and Patient Experience solutions are installed in more than 1,000 organizations worldwide. Vocera is headquartered in San Jose, Calif., with offices in Tennessee, Canada, and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit www.vocera.com and @VoceraCom on Twitter.Media Contacts:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV