BEVERLY, Mass., Sept. 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Axcelis Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq: ACLS), a leading supplier of enabling ion implantation solutions for the semiconductor industry, today announced the appointment of Kevin J. Brewer as executive vice president and chief financial officer. Mr. Brewer, who has served as the company's interim CFO since July, will continue to report directly to Chairman and CEO Mary G. Puma.
"We're pleased to have Kevin as our CFO going forward," said Puma. "The CFO transition has gone extremely well. After a careful evaluation, the board concluded that his continuation in the CFO role would best serve Axcelis shareholders. The breadth and depth of Kevin's experience, and his intimate knowledge of the implant business and Axcelis operations, makes him the ideal candidate to manage our financial organization and execute the next phase of our strategic objectives."
Brewer commented, "Axcelis' goal is to drive profitability and generate cash through the cycle by growing revenues, managing spending and increasing gross margins. I am pleased to be continuing in the CFO role on the cusp of Axcelis' success."About Axcelis:Axcelis (Nasdaq: ACLS), headquartered in Beverly, Mass., has been providing innovative, high-productivity solutions for the semiconductor industry for over 35 years. Axcelis is dedicated to developing enabling process applications through the design, manufacture and complete life cycle support of ion implantation systems, one of the most critical and enabling steps in the IC manufacturing process. The Company's Internet address is: www.axcelis.com. CONTACTS: Maureen Hart (editorial/media) 978.787.4266 Doug Lawson (investor relations) 978.787.9552 SOURCE Axcelis Technologies, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV