LINCOLNTON, N.C., Sept. 16, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- J. Michael "Mike" Cline today announced that he will retire from his position as president and CEO of Carolina Trust Bank effective at the end of 2013 or at such time as his successor is hired. Cline, 62, has served as president and CEO since Carolina Trust Bank was chartered in 2000. His tenure has seen the bank grow from a one location start-up to a bank of two hundred sixty five million dollars ($265,000,000) in assets with eight (8) locations in four (4) counties.
"Mike is the quintessential community banker. He cares deeply about growing his community and helping people. Those qualities have made him an important member of each community we serve," said Johnathan L. Rhyne, Jr., chairman of the board of directors of Carolina Trust Bank.
"Mike's long and productive career reflects well on him and the entire banking community. He has been a true friend of North Carolina bankers throughout the state and Carolina Trust Bank has been lucky to have such a fine leader," said Thad Woodard, president of the North Carolina Bankers Association.Cline began his thirty-nine (39) year banking career in 1974 with Northwestern Bank. During his career he held various audit, lending and management positions with several other institutions. Immediately prior to Carolina Trust Bank he served as an Area Vice-President of First Citizens Bank. Sockwell Partners of Charlotte, NC has been engaged by Carolina Trust Bank to conduct an executive search for Cline's replacement.
CONTACT: Donald J. Boyer EVP/CFO Carolina Trust Bank (704) 735-1104
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV