RICHMOND, Va., Sept. 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Genworth U.S. Mortgage Insurance (USMI), a unit of Genworth Financial Inc. (NYSE: GNW), today announced it will reduce rates and expand its Simply Underwrite SM guidelines to eliminate nearly all overlays and ensure ease of use for customers that deliver loans using the automated underwriting systems (AUS) of the government-sponsored enterprises (GSEs).
The credit policy changes, effective for mortgage insurance applications received on or after September 16, 2013, closely align Genworth's requirements with those for loans approved by Desktop Underwriter® or Loan Prospector®, the automated underwriting systems of the Federal National Mortgage Association (Fannie Mae) or Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation (Freddie Mac), respectively.
As a result, loans up to 97 percent loan-to-value, with Fair Isaac and Company (FICO) credit scores as low as 620 that are approved by the GSE systems also are likely to be approved for mortgage insurance coverage by Genworth USMI. Lenders only have to verify that the borrower contributed a minimum of three percent of the home purchase price from their own funds.
"The expanded Simply Underwrite guidelines offer customers our most competitive and flexible rates and guidelines, making it easier for them to close more loans, faster," said John Clifford, USMI's senior vice president of commercial operations. "These adjustments allow lenders to offer affordable low down payment financing to help creditworthy Americans pursue their dreams of homeownership, and position Genworth USMI to pursue prudent growth."Additionally, Genworth USMI will offer lower rates and guideline flexibility for monthly and single-premium insurance coverage for mortgage insurance applications received on or after October 1, 2013 (subject to state approvals). The changes include:
- lower rates for most borrowers with FICO scores of 740 or higher for single-premium plans;
- lower rates and adjusters for borrower- and lender-paid nonrefundable single-premium plans for borrowers with FICO scores below 660;
- lower base rates and adjusters for borrowers with FICO scores less than 660 for monthly premium plans; and
- eliminating adjusters for two-unit properties on monthly premium plans.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV