HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif., Sept. 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- SAP NEWSBYTE — SAP AG (NYSE: SAP) today announced the winners of the 2013 Best-Run Utilities Awards, annual awards presented to North American customers that excel in innovative and sustainable practices resulting from successful implementations of SAP® solutions. The announcement was made at the SAP for Utilities North American conference, being held Sept. 15-17 in Huntington Beach, Calif.
Utility companies operate in a constantly changing marketplace where fluctuating energy prices are coupled with increasing demands from customers for innovative services. In order to face these challenges head on and gain a better understanding of evolving technologies, utility companies around the world turn to SAP to help streamline processes, manage customer relationships and create new, more profitable business models while reducing risk. This year's award winners include:
- Top Innovator, Mobility: FirstEnergy has embraced an enterprise-wide mobile platform approach to help increase employee efficiency, especially for those in the field, while delivering quality customer service.
- Top Innovator, Technology: CenterPoint Energy is leveraging the SAP HANA® platform for real-time analytics, helping improve company visibility through the management of big data and allowing for deeper insights for critical decision-making.
- Project of the Year, U.S., Midsize Enterprise: Metropolitan Utilities District recently completed the successful implementation of the SAP® Customer Relationship Management and Billing for Utilities package, laying the foundation for continuous improvements in efficiencies and customer satisfaction.
- Project of the Year, U.S., Large Enterprise: Atmos Energy deployed SAP Customer Relationship Management and Billing for Utilities and SAP® Workforce Management, delivering the project on time and on budget, with an impressive rate of employee adoption and minimal impact to its customers.
- Project of the Year, Canada, Large Enterprise: Hydro One completed the fourth and final phase of its "Cornerstone" journey to help ensure customer care operations remain top in the industry, including reliable call center interactions and increased accuracy and timeliness in their billing process.
- Utility of the Year: Puget Sound Energy is realizing its vision to offer a customer-based service platform that meets growing customer expectations as well as its need to manage energy delivery with greater efficiency. The go-live of SAP Customer Relationship Management and Billing for Utilities enables the company to better provide safe, reliable and affordable energy service to 1.4 million homes and businesses.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV