1. As of noon trading, Gilead ( GILD) is down $0.38 (-0.6%) to $63.15 on average volume. Thus far, 3.7 million shares of Gilead exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 8.4 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $62.73-$64.21 after having opened the day at $64.08 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $63.53. Gilead Sciences, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, discovers, develops, and commercializes human therapeutics for the treatment of life threatening diseases in North America, Europe, and Asia. Gilead has a market cap of $96.7 billion and is part of the health care sector. Shares are up 72.0% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 18 analysts that rate Gilead a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Gilead as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, reasonable valuation levels, expanding profit margins and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Get the full Gilead Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the drugs industry could consider SPDR S&P Pharmaceuticals ETF ( XPH) while those bearish on the drugs industry could consider ProShares UltraShort Nasdaq Biotech ( BIS).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts