4. As of noon trading, Vertex Pharmaceuticals ( VRTX) is down $1.25 (-1.6%) to $77.00 on average volume. Thus far, 736,112 shares of Vertex Pharmaceuticals exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.5 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $76.92-$79.49 after having opened the day at $79.06 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $78.25. Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated engages in discovering, developing, manufacturing, and commercializing small molecule drugs for patients with serious diseases. Vertex Pharmaceuticals has a market cap of $19.0 billion and is part of the health care sector. Shares are up 94.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate Vertex Pharmaceuticals a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Vertex Pharmaceuticals as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow and feeble growth in its earnings per share. Get the full Vertex Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts