3. As of noon trading, Amgen ( AMGN) is up $1.33 (1.2%) to $116.39 on average volume. Thus far, 2.2 million shares of Amgen exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.3 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $115.41-$116.89 after having opened the day at $116.21 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $115.06. Amgen, the world's largest independent biotechnology company, was founded in Thousand Oaks, California in 1980 as AMGen (Applied Molecular Genetics). Amgen has a market cap of $85.5 billion and is part of the health care sector. Shares are up 31.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Amgen a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 12 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Amgen as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, reasonable valuation levels, solid stock price performance and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full Amgen Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts