LEHIGH VALLEY, Pa., Sept. 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Effective October 1, 2013, or as contracts permit, Air Products (NYSE: APD) will increase product pricing and monthly charges for merchant customers in North America. The pricing adjustments include increases of:
- Up to 12% for liquid oxygen, liquid nitrogen, and liquid carbon dioxide.
- Up to 20% for liquid argon, liquid and bulk hydrogen, and bulk carbon monoxide.
- Liquid and bulk helium pricing adjustments will be determined on a contract by contract basis.
Some price adjustments may be outside of these ranges based on other specific situations.
The revised prices are in response to various factors, including supply and demand imbalances, that are driving up production and delivery costs, and increases in operating expenses such as employee labor and benefits, natural gas and energy, and maintenance. Air Products continues to make significant investments in infrastructure, technologies, and productivity programs aimed at improving the reliability, safety, and cost efficiency of its operations.
NOTE: This release may contain forward-looking statements within the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements are based on management's reasonable expectations and assumptions as of the date of this release regarding important risk factors. Actual performance and financial results may differ materially from projections and estimates expressed in the forward-looking statements because of many factors not anticipated by management, including risk factors described in the Company's Form 10K for its fiscal year ended September 30, 2012.SOURCE Air Products
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts