[video] Jim Cramer Quick Take: Twitter's Ticker
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- TheStreet's Jim Cramer discussed Twitter's recent IPO announcement with Ross Kenneth Urken and "Mad Money" research director Nicole Urken.
Nicole Urken said that Twitter is something that the younger generation is using, because it allows people ability to share, read and give opinions and is less passive an experience than Facebook.
Ross Kenneth Urken added that it's a form of microblogging that provides an enormous amount of information.
The social media giant commands a huge premium for ads and promoted trends, Ross Kenneth Urken also said.While often an IPO may signal that a company is starting to peak, no one is saying that about Twitter, Cramer said. The platform is often used as a "second screen," Nicole Urken said, where users have it on during sports events or political campaigns to see what everyone else is saying. Facebook (FB) has already proved that mobile can be very profitable, and it doesn't seem like that trend is nearing an end. Hence, the optimism over Twitter, which has already solved the mobile monetization conundrum. Cramer wondered aloud when social media will hit its "saturation point" and no longer see growth. At the time of publication, Action Alerts PLUS, which Cramer co-manages as a charitable trust, held shares of FB. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV