Don't Miss Out: Top 3 Yielding Hold-Rated Stocks: MFA, POM, WPZ
Pepco Holdings (NYSE: POM) shares currently have a dividend yield of 6.00%. Pepco Holdings, Inc., through its subsidiaries, engages in the transmission, distribution, and supply of electricity. The company also distributes and supplies natural gas. The average volume for Pepco Holdings has been 2,327,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Pepco Holdings has a market cap of $4.5 billion and is part of the utilities industry. Shares are down 7.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Pepco Holdings as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its good cash flow from operations and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including generally higher debt management risk, poor profit margins and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $111.00 million or 9.90% when compared to the same quarter last year.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation.
- Even though the current debt-to-equity ratio is 1.25, it is still below the industry average, suggesting that this level of debt is acceptable within the Electric Utilities industry. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio shows mixed results, the company's quick ratio of 0.35 is very low and demonstrates very weak liquidity.
- The gross profit margin for PEPCO HOLDINGS INC is rather low; currently it is at 24.88%. Regardless of POM's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year.
- You can view the full Pepco Holdings Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts