Ciaccia: "Will pricing for the chips be competitive with what's already in the market, or can Intel either undercut or charge a premium?"
Eul: "We believe the Bay Trail system, depending on how our customers position, depending on what components and what kind of quality they put behind that, we believe that we can bring this down to system price points of $199."
Ciaccia: "As far as I'm concerned, the big push is not to rely on just Windows-based machines, but also Google's (GOOG) Android-based OEM's. How important is expanding multiple OS's (operating systems) to Intel's mobile future?"
Eul: "We have a tradition of being agnostic towards operating systems, actually so to speak, forever. There has been a predominant operating system, but in the server space, it was always Windows, it was always Linux. We have a long tradition of this. Now, there's Chromebooks out, there's Windows books out. We're doing the same in the tablet space as well. We respond to what the market needs, what our customers ask us for, and we support that."Ciaccia: "64-bit chips will start to come at the beginning of next year. Is that process being sped up with Brian [Krzanich] coming on as the new CEO, or was that always the case?" Eul: "The 64-bit capability is deeply embedded into the architecture. The Silvermont architecture is 64-bit architecture. That has been developed for years. We anticipate that the market is going to ask for this. We deeply believe that this will also be big for enterprises. Enterprise systems, 64-bit will come sooner or later. 64-bit allows IT officers to manage their PC clients, their desktops, and their laptops all out of one hand. They can use all the technology that we bring, in terms of platform security, everything goes into this. As always, we believe that the ecosystem will look for 64-bit, and a must for us to do, and the market will adopt to it."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV