CHICAGO, Sept. 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- National breast and ovarian preventive health non-profit Bright Pink is proud to announce an integrated initiative with Aerie, the intimates and apparel brand from American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. (NYSE: AEO). For the fourth consecutive year Aerie and Bright Pink will run an in-store and online campaign from September 18 th through the month of October, while supplies last. Aerie will launch a limited edition Bright Pink Bridget™ Bra with 100% of sales benefitting Bright Pink. The goal of the partnership is to spark the conversations around the importance of breast health awareness starting at a young age.
"We're so grateful to continue our long-standing partnership with Aerie and reach millions of young women with our life-saving mission. Our hope is that this multifaceted partnership will serve as a call to action for all young women to commit to be breast self aware," said Bright Pink Founder and CEO, Lindsay Avner. "Throughout the Show Your Support 2013 campaign, we hope to enroll at least 5,000 more young women in our UnderwireAlerts TM monthly breast-check text message reminder program. The critical funds raised through Bright Pink's partnership with Aerie will propel our educational programs and tools such as UnderwireAlerts TM to unprecedented growth, thereby equipping millions of young women throughout the US with these critical resources that empower them to be preemptive with their breast and ovarian health."
"Aerie is proud to take our partnership with Bright Pink to the next level through the 2013 Show Your Support Campaign that includes the launch of our limited edition Bright Pink Bridget Bra with 100% of sales benefitting Bright Pink," said Jennifer Foyle, Chief Merchandising Officer of Aerie. "Our work with Bright Pink allows us to connect with our consumer on a deeper, more personal level and shows our commitment to making young women feel pretty inside and out."The partnership includes several components:
- 100% of sales from the limited edition Bright Pink Bridget Bra will be donated to Bright Pink. The bra, which is Bright Pink in color, retails at $29.95 and will be sold in stores and online at www.aerie.com beginning 9/18 and through the month of October while supplies last. Bras will be accompanied by a hangtag that allows the customer to personalize the bra with the name of someone who inspires them. The hang tags that read "I wear aerie in support of ______" will be hung in stores through the duration of the campaign as a visual representation of Aerie and Bright Pink's partnership.
- Additionally, customers will be invited to "round up" their purchases in stores, to benefit Bright Pink.
- For any donations of $5 or more, customers will receive a gift with donation Bright Pink nail polish while supplies last.
- The online hub for the campaign will be found at www.Aerie.com/BrightPink where visitors can not only purchase the Bright Pink Bridget Bra but also access breast health information and commit to being Bright Pink by signing up for Bright Pink's Underwire Alerts TM, a once-a-month text message reminder to check your breasts.
- The partnership further extends online with a social campaign around #AerieSupports which encourages consumers to Show Their Support through twitter and instagram.
- Additionally, Bright Pink stories of impact will be shared on Aerie's blog to provide first hand accounts of the importance of being breast self aware starting at a young age.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV