Sept. 16, 2013
/PRNewswire/ -- National breast and ovarian preventive health non-profit Bright Pink is proud to announce an integrated initiative with Aerie, the intimates and apparel brand from American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. (NYSE: AEO). For the fourth consecutive year Aerie and Bright Pink will run an in-store and online campaign from
through the month of October, while supplies last. Aerie will launch a limited edition Bright Pink Bridget™ Bra with 100% of sales benefitting Bright Pink. The goal of the partnership is to spark the conversations around the importance of breast health awareness starting at a young age.
"We're so grateful to continue our long-standing partnership with Aerie and reach millions of young women with our life-saving mission. Our hope is that this multifaceted partnership will serve as a call to action for all young women to commit to be breast self aware," said Bright Pink Founder and CEO,
. "Throughout the Show Your Support 2013 campaign, we hope to enroll at least 5,000 more young women in our UnderwireAlerts
monthly breast-check text message reminder program. The critical funds raised through Bright Pink's partnership with Aerie will propel our educational programs and tools such as UnderwireAlerts
to unprecedented growth, thereby equipping millions of young women throughout the US with these critical resources that empower them to be preemptive with their breast and ovarian health."
"Aerie is proud to take our partnership with Bright Pink to the next level through the 2013 Show Your Support Campaign that includes the launch of our limited edition Bright Pink Bridget Bra with 100% of sales benefitting Bright Pink," said
, Chief Merchandising Officer of Aerie. "Our work with Bright Pink allows us to connect with our consumer on a deeper, more personal level and shows our commitment to making young women feel pretty inside and out."
The partnership includes several components:
- 100% of sales from the limited edition Bright Pink Bridget Bra will be donated to Bright Pink. The bra, which is Bright Pink in color, retails at $29.95 and will be sold in stores and online at www.aerie.com beginning 9/18 and through the month of October while supplies last. Bras will be accompanied by a hangtag that allows the customer to personalize the bra with the name of someone who inspires them. The hang tags that read "I wear aerie in support of ______" will be hung in stores through the duration of the campaign as a visual representation of Aerie and Bright Pink's partnership.
- Additionally, customers will be invited to "round up" their purchases in stores, to benefit Bright Pink.
- For any donations of $5 or more, customers will receive a gift with donation Bright Pink nail polish while supplies last.
- The online hub for the campaign will be found at www.Aerie.com/BrightPink where visitors can not only purchase the Bright Pink Bridget Bra but also access breast health information and commit to being Bright Pink by signing up for Bright Pink's Underwire Alerts TM, a once-a-month text message reminder to check your breasts.
- The partnership further extends online with a social campaign around #AerieSupports which encourages consumers to Show Their Support through twitter and instagram.
- Additionally, Bright Pink stories of impact will be shared on Aerie's blog to provide first hand accounts of the importance of being breast self aware starting at a young age.
The program will be promoted by Aerie and Bright Pink through Facebook, Twitter, customer e-mails and in-store marketing. For more information, visit
) is bras, undies and more made with love and attention to even the smallest detail. Designed for the girl next door, Aerie is committed to making girls of all ages and sizes feel pretty inside and out.
About Bright Pink ®
BE BRILLIANT. BE BOLD. BE BRIGHT PINK.
is the only national non-profit organization focusing on the prevention and early detection of breast and ovarian cancer in young women, while providing support for high-risk individuals. We are the big sister, the best friend, the trusted advisor, the dependable source of support for everything related to your breast and ovarian health. Visit us online to join our bright movement, learn about breast and ovarian cancer symptoms and risk factors, assess your personal risk for these diseases with our "Assess Your Risk" tool, and download helpful tools such as Questions Every Young Woman Should Ask Her Doctor, Cancer-Fighting Food Shopping Guides, and more Tools To Be Proactive. For young women at high risk, receive a mentor through our PinkPal® one-on-one peer support program or find a local Experiential Outreach Group to get support in a city near you. Brighten Up today at
About American Eagle Outfitters, Inc.
American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. (NYSE: AEO) is a leading global specialty retailer offering high-quality, on-trend clothing, accessories and personal care products at affordable prices under its American Eagle Outfitters® and Aerie® brands. The company operates more than 1,000 stores in
, and ships to 81 countries worldwide through its websites. American Eagle Outfitters and Aerie merchandise also is available at approximately 60 international franchise stores in 12 countries. For more information, please visit
SOURCE American Eagle Outfitters, Inc.