Last, but certainly not least, is Polaris Industries ( PII), the power sports equipment manufacturer. In short, Polaris makes toys -- toys for grown ups. The firm's namesake brand manufactures ATVs and snowmobiles, and it also owns storied motorcycle brands Victory and Indian, and GEM light electric vehicles. With more than 1,650 dealers in North American alone, Polaris owns a significant chunk of the power sports industry, churning out more than $3.2 billion in sales last year, and net profit margins approaching 10%.
Economic recovery is fueling a boom market for Polaris' vehicles, especially now that rates continue to hover near their historic floor. Borrowing money is cheap, and that means that financing a motorcycle or ATV has become more affordable than ever before. With relatively low acquisition costs, buying one of Polaris' machines is a lot easier to stomach than many other recreation options, and so sales continue to look attractive this year.Financially, Polaris is in solid shape. The firm carries nearly $280 million in cash and investments on its balance sheet, easily offsetting $107.6 million in total debt. PII is well positioned to run over any economic hiccups in the foreseeable future -- and with rising analyst sentiment in shares, we're betting on this name this week. To see all of this week's Rocket Stocks in action, check out the Rocket Stocks portfolio at Stockpickr. -- Written by Jonas Elmerraji in Baltimore.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV