BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- Ugh, I wouldn't want to be Larry Summers this morning. The former Treasury secretary set off a rally in stock futures yesterday, when he withdrew his name from the Fed Chairman job. The market has voted: Investors hate Larry Summers.
But don't worry too much about Larry. It's probably safe to say he's got a thick skin.
Instead, investors should be paying attention to the market's reaction. As I write just ahead of the open this morning, equities are pointed at some serious follow-through this Monday. That's a big deal after a technically-significant bounce that slingshotted stocks 1.98% higher last week.And it's creating some buying opportunities this week. To make the most of them, we're turning to a new set of Rocket Stocks. >>5 Stocks Ready for Breakouts For the uninitiated, "Rocket Stocks" are our list of companies with short-term gain catalysts and longer-term growth potential. To find them, I run a weekly quantitative screen that seeks out stocks with a combination of analyst upgrades and positive earnings surprises to identify rising analyst expectations, a bullish signal for stocks in any market. After all, where analysts' expectations are increasing, institutional cash often follows. In the last 214 weeks, our weekly list of five plays has outperformed the S&P 500 by 88.85%. Without further ado, here's a look at this week's Rocket Stocks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV