BOSTON, Sept. 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Back in the summer of 1980, when Americans were held hostage in Iran, the Moscow Summer Olympics were boycotted by the US, and Jimmy Carter was serving his last year in office, a small PR shop with big dreams was born; an agency that would make significant contributions to the world of public relations. It is from this legacy that Cone Communications proudly celebrates our 33rd birthday.
Why 33? At age 33, Thomas Jefferson drafted the Declaration of Independence – setting the stage for the new United States; Amelia Earhart set the women's world speed record, paving the way for her solo flight across the Atlantic; William Clark set out on his famous expedition with Meriwether Lewis; Tim Berners-Lee (TimBL) first proposed the world-wide web; William Shakespeare had penned at least a dozen of his plays with dozens of his most famous still to come; and Beethoven had written two of his symphonies, with seven more of his best on the way.
With forbearers such as these, we think 33 is an auspicious year. And, like these predecessors, we believe Cone Communications is on the cusp of some really great things."Our 33rd year is a major turning point for us as an agency; we have really come of age and are poised to achieve new heights," says Jens Bang, Cone Communications' Chairman. "And, we think we're in pretty good company." So what does an agency do coming off the strongest year in its history? Continue to evolve, innovate and position the agency for exponential growth.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV