The U.S. business group of Sun Life Financial Inc. (NYSE: SLF, TSX: SLF) will host its first Sun Life Wake Up Summit, a live studio and webcast event designed to provide insights and inform insurance brokers, human resources professionals, and business owners about health care reform and its impact on the employee benefits landscape.
The in-depth program features the foremost benefits and health care policy experts, who will lead thought-provoking discussions about the changing U.S. workplace and provide insurance brokers and employers with practical advice on how to prepare for the Affordable Care Act (ACA). Moderated by Fox News’ Juan Williams, the summit brings together leading voices in health care reform and employee benefits from the academic, business, insurance, and health care policy arenas. The program will kick off with a keynote address by Dr. Jonathan Gruber, MIT professor of economics, renowned health care expert, and key advisor on both Massachusetts’ health care reform legislation and the ACA.
“The Affordable Care Act is the most comprehensive reform of American health care in two generations, and we know that many brokers and employers still have an unclear picture of the road ahead and what to expect as this legislation goes into effect,” said Wes Thompson, president of Sun Life Financial U.S. “This program provides a forum for much-needed discussion, and presents a 360-degree view of the ACA from a diverse group of stakeholders.”
The Sun Life Wake Up Summit will take place on Tuesday, October 1, from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m. ET. It will be broadcast in front of a live studio audience from WCVB TV-5 studios in Needham, Massachusetts, and streamed live from Sun Life’s U.S. website. Brokers, HR professionals, third-party administrators, and business owners interested in attending the Sun Life Wake Up Summit can register for the entire program or individual segments at www.sunlife.com/wakeup.The agenda is as follows, with all panels moderated by Juan Williams.
- 1:00–2:00 PM ET. Keynote: “Health Care Reform Now: Facts, Rumors, True Stories”Dr. Gruber will speak about the Affordable Care Act and provide an overview of the U.S. health care system. Following the keynote, there will be a brief Q&A with Dr. Gruber.
- 2:00–3:00 PM ET. Panel: “Health Care Reform: A Practical Guide for Your Company”Panel discussion with leading industry experts about what brokers, employers, and employees must do in the near term to navigate the Affordable Care Act’s upcoming 2014 requirements. The panel will be followed by a Q&A.
- 3:00–4:00 PM ET. Panel: “Health Care 2020: What Will Tomorrow's Health Care Look Like?”Panel will focus on the long-term vision for the future of health care and the opportunities that lie , followed by a Q&A.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV