Trade-Ideas: Whirlpool Corporation (WHR) Is Today's New Lifetime High Stock
- WHR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $105.0 million.
- WHR has traded 739,760 shares today.
- WHR is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in WHR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for WHR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on WHR: Whirlpool Corporation engages in the manufacture and marketing of home appliances worldwide. The company's principal products include laundry appliances, refrigerators and freezers, cooking appliances, dishwashers, mixers, and other portable household appliances. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.8%. WHR has a PE ratio of 16.9. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Whirlpool Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Whirlpool Corporation has been 1.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Whirlpool has a market cap of $10.8 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer durables industry. The stock has a beta of 1.63 and a short float of 3.1% with 3.15 days to cover. Shares are up 33.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Whirlpool Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, revenue growth and attractive valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 70.62% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 72.06% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, WHR should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- WHIRLPOOL CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, WHIRLPOOL CORP increased its bottom line by earning $5.06 versus $4.96 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($10.05 versus $5.06).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Household Durables industry. The net income increased by 75.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $113.00 million to $198.00 million.
- WHR's revenue growth trails the industry average of 20.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- You can view the full Whirlpool Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts