Trade-Ideas: Emerson Electric (EMR) Is Today's New Lifetime High Stock
- EMR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $199.7 million.
- EMR has traded 3.0 million shares today.
- EMR is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in EMR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for EMR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on EMR: Emerson Electric Co., a diversified technology company, engages in designing and supplying products and technology, and providing engineering services and solutions to the industrial, commercial, and consumer markets worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.6%. EMR has a PE ratio of 31.0. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Emerson Electric a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 16 rate it a hold. The average volume for Emerson Electric has been 3.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Emerson Electric has a market cap of $45.4 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 1.31 and a short float of 1.7% with 4.07 days to cover. Shares are up 20.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Emerson Electric as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, EMR's share price has jumped by 25.85%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, EMR should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.55, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.08, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $995.00 million or 17.61% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, EMERSON ELECTRIC CO has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 14.05%.
- 42.81% is the gross profit margin for EMERSON ELECTRIC CO which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 3.05% trails the industry average.
- EMR, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 9.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 2.1%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Emerson Electric Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts