Nam Tai Electronics
Another stock that's starting to move within range of triggering a big breakout trade is Nam Tai Electronics (NTE), which is an electronics manufacturing and design services provider to a select group of the world's leading OEMs of telecommunications and consumer electronic products. This stock has been destroyed by the sellers so far in 2013, with shares off sharply by 41%.
If you look at the chart for Nam Tai Electronics, you'll notice that this stock has been uptrending for the last month and change, with shares moving higher from its low of $6.05 to its recent high of $8.38 a share. During that uptrend, shares of NTE have been making mostly higher lows and higher highs, which is bullish technical price action. That move has now pushed shares of NTE within range of triggering a big breakout trade.Traders should now look for long-biased trades in NTE if it manages to break out above some key near-term overhead resistance levels at $8.38 to $8.79 a share with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above those levels with volume that hits near or above its three-month average action of 647,483 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then NTE will set up to re-fill some of its previous gap down zone from April that started near $11.50 a share. If this stock gets into that gap with volume, then the upside is tremendous and we could easily see NTE hit $11 to $12 a share. Traders can look to buy NTE off any weakness to anticipate that breakout and simply use a stop that sits right below its 50-day at $7.42 a share, or below more key support at $7.22 a share. One can also buy NTE off strength once it takes out that breakout levels with volume and then simply use a stop that sits a comfortable percentage from your entry point.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV