NEW YORK (TheStreet) - When I was in journalism school, 35 years ago, we talked a lot about credibility.
Credibility is something you build brick by brick, day by day. But it can all come tumbling down with a single mistake.
I've seen that throughout my career. An attention deficit can be a huge burden to a journalist, because although I may have written more interesting copy than my co-workers, I also made mistakes. I paid for them with my jobs, and lost my credibility.
Which I then proceeded to build back, brick by brick and day by day.In the age of social media, we're all journalists. And we all have credibility accounts that can be quickly depleted, based not just on our actions but on how we react to things. When we screw up, it's better to take the hit than to deny the stupid things we do.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV