Trade-Ideas: Lennar Corporation (LEN) Is Today's Pre-Market Leader Stock
- LEN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $186.5 million.
- LEN traded 12,199 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:26 AM.
- LEN is up 3.2% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in LEN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for LEN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on LEN: Lennar Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, engages in homebuilding, financial services, and real estate businesses in the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.5%. LEN has a PE ratio of 18.9. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Lennar Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for Lennar Corporation has been 6.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Lennar has a market cap of $5.6 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and materials & construction industry. The stock has a beta of 1.67 and a short float of 20.6% with 5.07 days to cover. Shares are down 10.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Lennar Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- LEN's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 20.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 53.3%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Even though the current debt-to-equity ratio is 1.43, it is still below the industry average, suggesting that this level of debt is acceptable within the Household Durables industry.
- LENNAR CORP has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, LENNAR CORP increased its bottom line by earning $3.10 versus $0.48 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 38.2% in earnings ($1.92 versus $3.10).
- The gross profit margin for LENNAR CORP is rather low; currently it is at 24.07%. Regardless of LEN's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, LEN's net profit margin of 9.63% compares favorably to the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$288.42 million or 254.48% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow of 254.48%, LENNAR CORP is still significantly exceeding the industry average of -342.12%.
- You can view the full Lennar Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts