DALLAS, Sept. 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas Instruments (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) today unveiled the industry's first inductance-to-digital converter (LDC), a new data converter category that uses coils and springs as inductive sensors to deliver higher resolution, increased reliability, and greater flexibility than existing sensing solutions at a lower system cost. Inductive sensing is a contactless sensing technology that can be used to measure the position, motion, or composition of a metal or conductive target, as well as detect the compression, extension or twist of a spring. For more information about this new data converter technology and the industry's first LDC, the LDC1000, visit www.ti.com/ldc1000-pr.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://www.multivu.com/mnr/54049-texas-instruments-inductive-to-digital-converter-motion-sensing
- Higher resolution: Enables sub-micron resolution in position-sensing applications with 16-bit resonance impedance and 24-bit inductance values.
- Increased reliability: Offers contactless sensing that is immune to nonconductive contaminants, such as oil, dirt and dust, which can shorten equipment life.
- Greater flexibility: Allows the sensor to be located remotely from the electronics, where PCBs cannot be placed.
- Lower system cost: Uses low-cost sensors and targets and does not require magnets.
- Limitless possibilities: Supports pressed foil or conductive ink targets, offering endless opportunities for creative and innovative system design.
- Lower system power: Consumes less than 8.5 mW during standard operation and less than 1.25 mW in standby mode.
- Buy the LDC1000EVM from the TI eStore to experience the industry's first LDC.
- Request samples of the LDC1000.
- Download the data sheet.
- Watch a video demonstration on how to achieve high resolution sensing with the LDC1000 and a PCB coil.
- Download our Guide to Inductive Sensing infographic to learn how to build an inductive sensor using an LDC.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV