NYSE Euronext today announced an enhanced methodology for the NYSE Arca Gold Miners Index (GDM), the preeminent index covering the gold mining industry. For the first time ever, the index will include non-U.S. listed companies and set a minimum market capitalization requirement of $750 million for component companies. The changes will be enacted at the next index rebalance effective before the open on Monday, September 23, 2013.
“The NYSE Arca Gold Miners Index is the leading benchmark covering the gold mining industry for the community of market participants and exchange traded product issuers on our exchange,” said Dwijen Gandhi, managing director, Global Index and Exchange-Traded Products. “These changes are indicative of the growing demands by clients who want exposure to a global universe of larger-cap gold mining companies.”
The NYSE Arca Gold Miners Index is a modified market capitalization weighted index comprised of publicly traded companies primarily involved in the mining of gold and silver in locations around the world.
Below are the key changes to the NYSE Arca Gold Miners Index methodology:
- access to non-U.S. listed companies, ensuring component diversity and international exposure;
- new index components must have a minimum of $750 million in market capitalization;
- prioritization of U.S. cross-listings, American Depository Receipts and Global Depository Receipts for international companies;
- implementation of a buffer zone around the $750 million market capitalization and other trading requirements to reduce turnover during quarterly rebalances.
|Alacer Gold Corp||Allied Nevada Gold Corp|
|Alamos Gold Inc||Golden Star Resources Ltd|
|Argonaut Gold Inc||Seabridge Gold Inc|
|Centamin PLC||Silver Standard Resources Inc|
|Detour Gold Corp||Tanzanian Royalty Exploration Corp|
|Dundee Precious Metals Inc||Vista Gold Corp|
|G-Resources Group Ltd|
|McEwen Mining Inc|
|Newcrest Mining Ltd|
|Osisko Mining Corp|
|Sibanye Gold Ltd|
|Zhaojin Mining Industry Co Ltd|
|Zijin Mining Group Co Ltd|
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts