FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX) launches its ninth annual FedEx Cares Week today, providing volunteer and service opportunities for team members both in the U.S. and around the world. Thousands of FedEx volunteers worldwide will donate their time and talents to serving local organizations dedicated to improving the quality of life in the communities where FedEx team members live and work.
In recognition of the 40 th anniversary for FedEx, team members worldwide are honoring the long-standing tradition of service by organizing and volunteering in support of their favorite organizations.
FedEx Cares Week will be held from Sept. 16 – 20, 2013 in more than 40 U.S. cities, including Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Colorado Springs, Dallas, Detroit, Indianapolis, Los Angeles, Memphis, Miami, Newark, Portland, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, Seattle and Washington, D.C.
Additionally, FedEx team members across the globe will serve their communities for FedEx Cares Week in countries such as Canada, France, Italy, Mexico, Brazil, Australia and China.“FedEx Cares Week gives FedEx team members across the globe the opportunity to make a difference in their own backyards,” said Rose Flenorl, manager of Global Citizenship at FedEx. “A passion for volunteerism is ingrained in the FedEx corporate culture, and FedEx Cares Week is just one of the many ways we join together to give back.” Now in its ninth year, FedEx Cares Week serves as the formal kick-off for the annual FedEx cares United Way volunteer campaign. In addition to volunteering thousands of hours each year, FedEx and its team members gave more than $14.2 million to the United Way and other local nonprofits in 2012. This year’s FedEx Cares Week service projects include:
- Redesigning a school library in Atlanta
- Painting, organizing and landscaping a playground in Colorado Springs
- Processing and storing donations at a food bank in Indianapolis
- Renovating transitional housing for homeless families in Seattle
- Building homes with Habitat for Humanity in Memphis
- “Rebuilding the Jersey Shore” from Superstorm Sandy in Newark
- Beautifying a lake in Guangzhou, China
- Planting trees in Thailand
- Preparing and distributing more than 1,000 meals in Australia
- Cooking, gardening and painting at a foster home in Italy
- Building transitional homes as part of the TECHO program in Latin America
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts