NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The new iPhones are out, there's no new groundbreaking product, and a deal with China Mobile Limited (CHL) is not yet official -- although Apple (AAPL) has obtained a license to sell on its 3G and 4G networks.
Before going on, I must admit that I am not in the "anxiously-awaiting-the-supposed-iWatch" camp. An iWatch could do wonders for the health and fitness crowd, but beyond that, I just don't see it contributing all that much.
New revenue is new revenue, to a point, but it's not likely the product that will significantly move the needle. Hell, as a shareholder, I hope I'm wrong. But either way, this company needs time and patience, something that Wall Street doesn't concede very easily.
CEO Tim Cook never had a chance when it came to public scrutiny. While former CEO Steve Jobs was flawless in executing the transition in leadership, the product cycle didn't favor Cook -- as if filling Jobs' shoes wasn't hard enough. Now investors are growing more impatient without a new, revolutionary product.(BBRY), as management never thought the phone market would change from a keyboard and scroll ball.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV