SAN JOSE, Calif.
Sept. 16, 2013
, Inc. (NASDAQ: UBNT) ("Ubiquiti") today announced the availability of two new cutting-edge but disruptively priced UniFi enterprise Wi-Fi access points (AP) for outdoor deployments: UniFi Outdoor AC for 802.11ac; and UniFi Outdoor+ with innovative Multi-Lane RF technology for especially dense or "noisy" environments. Together these products are designed to enable large enterprises, universities, municipalities, event organizers and more to extend their WLAN deployments everywhere with high performance, affordable Wi-Fi outdoor access points.
Ubiquiti's line of UniFi products now offers one of the most complete and advanced portfolio in the industry. On the strength of its Wi-Fi offerings, Ubiquiti has climbed to 4
in unit market share in just two years, becoming the fastest-growing enterprise WLAN equipment provider in the market, according to Gartner Research. The company recently shipped its 1 millionth AP in just two years.
"Ubiquiti is innovating faster than any other WLAN provider in the market," said
Robert J. Pera
, CEO at Ubiquiti Networks. "We're first to ship 802.11ac indoors and outdoors, and we have uniquely solved the challenges of high density deployments with our Multi-Lane RF technology. No other company in the industry is providing this level of innovation at disruptive economics."
More on UAP-Outdoor-AC:
- First to ship enterprise 802.11ac AP designed for outdoor deployments
- Dual band, 3x3 MIMO access point provides aggregate throughput up to 1750Mbps
- 802.11ac is the latest wireless networking standard, delivering three times the data transfer speeds of the current protocol with improved network robustness, reliability and RF bandwidth utilization efficiency for the most demanding applications and devices
- Disruptively priced at $489 and available now
More on UAP-Outdoor+:
- Ubiquiti's new, patent-pending Multi-Lane RF technology can provide more than double the throughput of competitive solutions in environments with high interference, building on Ubiquiti's RF expertise in improving Wi-Fi performance for noisy, dense environments, such as stadiums, public spaces, conference centers and more
- Single band 2.4Ghz, 2x2 MIMO access point priced at $189 and available now
- See UAP-Outdoor+ in action in this video at the FedEx Forum: www.ubnt.com/unifi
Both products are available now at
and via Ubiquiti distributors.
About Ubiquiti Networks
Ubiquiti Networks (NASDAQ: UBNT) is closing the digital divide by building network communication platforms for everyone and everywhere. With over 10 million devices deployed in over 180 countries, Ubiquiti is transforming under-networked businesses and communities. Our leading edge platforms, airMAX®, UniFi®, airFiber®, airVision®, mFi® and EdgeMAX® combine innovative technology, disruptive price performance and the support of a global user community to eliminate barriers to connectivity. For more information, join our community at
Safe Harbor for Forward Looking Statements
Certain statements in this press release are forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. Statements other than statements of historical fact including words such as "look," "anticipate," "believe," "estimate," "expect," "consider" and "plan" and statements in the future tense are forward looking statements. The statements in this press release that could be deemed forward-looking statements include statements regarding release of new products and expected performance, price-performance disruptiveness, growth prospects, product applications, expected performance and potential benefits, market positioning, short and long-term opportunities, and any statements or assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. You should not place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements. Also, forward-looking statements represent our management's beliefs and assumptions only as of the date made. Ubiquiti Networks undertakes no obligation to update information contained in this press release. You should review our SEC filings carefully, particularly the discussions under the heading "Risk Factors" and elsewhere in our Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended
June 30, 2013
and other filings filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission that identify risks that could cause actual results to differ from those made in such forward-looking statements.
SOURCE Ubiquiti Networks