PITTSBURGH, Sept. 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The PNC Financial Services Group (NYSE: PNC) is honoring Hispanic Heritage Month from Sept. 15 to Oct. 15 with sponsored programs and events in 18 cities, including Chicago, Orlando, Fla., Pittsburgh and Tampa, Fla. These events reflect PNC's strategic investment in the Hispanic community, which continues to grow in size and influence.
According to the 2012 Nielsen study, The Hispanic Market Imperative, Hispanics' buying power is projected to reach $1.5 trillion by 2015. Furthermore, if U.S. Hispanics were a standalone country, their market buying power would be one of the top 20 global economies. By hosting events across its footprint, PNC can better compete for diverse talent, deepen existing relationships and build new relationships with Hispanic customers.
"These celebrations allow us to further connect with Hispanics and to better understand their family, lifestyle and cultural needs," said Enrico A. Della Corna, Southeast regional executive, Commercial Banking. "By embracing their heritage and values, we can build sustainable relationships with the Hispanic community, which has become a driving force of our social and economic future."
Event highlights include:
- Illinois Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Business Expo on Aug. 29 at the Navy Pier in Chicago.
- Hispanic Heritage Month Kick-Off Celebration and Block Party on Sept. 14 at the Latino Hispanic Community Center in Harrisburg, Pa.
- El Grito, a celebration of Mexican Independence Day, on Sept. 15 at Garfield Park in Indianapolis.
- Festival Latino de Lexington on Sept. 20 and 21 at the Robert F. Stephens
- Courthouse Plaza in Lexington, Ky.
- Fiesta Indianapolis on Sept. 21 at American Legion Mall in Indianapolis.
- Connect After 5 on Sept. 25 at the Historical Society of Palm Beach in Palm Beach, Fla.
- Durham Latino Festival on Sept. 28 at Rock Quarry Park in Durham, N.C.
- Jose Hernandez Hispanic Center of York's 4 th National Hispanic Heritage Month Festival on Sept. 28 at Reservoir Park in York, Pa.
- Association of Latino Professionals in Finance and Accounting (ALPFA) event on Oct. 1 at the Roberto Clemente Museum in Pittsburgh.
- Hispanic Choice Awards on Oct. 5 at the Merriam Theater in Philadelphia.
- Fiesta en la Plaza on Oct. 10 at Soldier's Grove in Harrisburg, Pa.
- 2013 Hispanic Education Fair on Oct. 12 at Anthis Career Center in Fort Wayne, Ind.
- Latin American Festival on Oct. 13 at Symphony Park at South Park Mall in
- Charlotte, N.C.
- Hispanic Market Advantage Conference on Oct. 14 and 15 at the Hilton Durham in Durham, N.C.
- Fiesta en Tampa on Oct. 16 at the Straz Center's Morsani Hall in Tampa, Fla.
- The Latin American Food & Wine Festival on Oct. 24 at Mainstreet at Midtown in Palm Beach, Fla.