Surefire Medical's Anti-Reflux Infusion System May Eliminate Coiling, Lower Cost Of Embolization Procedures
WESTMINSTER, Colo., Sept. 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Surefire Medical, Inc., the developer of a brand new class of infusion systems designed to maximize direct-to-tumor drug delivery without reflux, today announced that presentations at the Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiological Society ( CIRSE) meeting make the economic case for use of the new Surefire Infusion System (SIS). Research presented today in Barcelona found that:
- The SIS catheter group had a significant reduction in procedure time, fluoroscopy time, and contrast dose in pre-treatment angiograms
- Without use of coils, no non-target embolization occurred in the SIS group during treatment
- Using the SIS catheter to protect non-target organs costs significantly less than coil embolization in direct-to-tumor cancer treatment
"The Surefire Infusion System is a viable first-line alternative to traditional retrievable coil embolization for protecting non-target organs and may lead to decreased overall costs, procedure time, fluoroscopy time, and contrast exposure when treating cancer patients with radioembolization," said principal investigator Steven Kikolski, MD of the University of California San Diego (UCSD).
Additional SIS-focused presentations at CIRSE
Five additional presentations and posters at CIRSE focusing on the Surefire Infusion System
- Confirm the safety of performing chemoembolization and radioembolization procedures without coiling
- Present a pilot study of a single procedure for mapping and radioembolization
- Detail the new ability to measure blood pressure changes that can signal the endpoint of embolization
- Discuss the feasibility of bariatric embolization to reduce obesity
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV