Statement By The Honourable Shelly Glover, Minister Of Canadian Heritage And Official Languages, On The Toronto International Film Festival Awards
OTTAWA, Sept. 15, 2013 /CNW/ - The Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF) Awards have once again recognized the talent and creativity of esteemed Canadian and international artists and the excellence of their work in film.
Each September, Toronto hosts and celebrates the best in cinema, as some 5,000 industry professionals from around the world visit the city. This year the 10-day event screened over 350 films from 70 countries, making it the largest film festival in Canada.
Our Government recognizes that film and television productions are essential to the strength of our cultural life and our economic future. In 2011-2012, film and television production in Canada was valued at $5.9 billion and supported an estimated 132,500 full-time jobs. We are proud to invest more than $600 million in this sector every year.
On behalf of all Canadians and the Government of Canada, I commend the work of the Toronto International Film Festival and congratulate the talented nominees and winners of this year's TIFF Awards.SOURCE Canadian Heritage
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV