SINGAPORE, Sept. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Boeing [NYSE: BA] projects the Asia Pacific region will continue to lead the globe in demand for hundreds of thousands of new commercial airline pilots and maintenance technicians to support expanding demand for new airplane deliveries over the next two decades.
The 2013 Boeing Pilot & Technician Outlook, a bellwether industry forecast of aviation personnel demand, calls for 192,300 new commercial airline pilots and 215,300 new technicians in the Asia Pacific region through 2032.
"There is a very real, urgent demand for competent aviation personnel globally, and the Asia Pacific region is particularly impacted," said Bob Bellitto, global sales director, Boeing Flight Services. "While Boeing is investing in cutting-edge technologies to attract and retain young people interested in careers in aviation, this is an industry-wide issue that can only be solved with industry-wide solutions."
Leading the region in projected demand for new pilots and technicians:
- China – 77,400 pilots and 93,900 technicians
- Southeast Asia – 48,100 pilots and 50,300 technicians
- Southwest Asia will need 30,900 pilots and 28,500 technicians
- Northeast Asia will need 18,500 pilots and 25,500 technicians
- The Oceania region will need 17,400 pilots and 17,100 technicians
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV