Under The Patronage Of The Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, The Abu Dhabi Sustainability Group To Hold A Hiwar Session On Climate Change And Financing A Green Economy In September
ABU DHABI, UAE, September 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- The ADSG, a public-private partnership for the benefit of sustainable development, will hold a Hiwar Session as a platform for public discussion and debate on Climate Change and financing the Green Economy.
- The event, which is under the patronage of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA) and will be hosted by Etihad Airways, is designed for ADSG members and professionals concerned with sustainability and its implications to Abu Dhabi in order to meet, debate and develop a common understanding on key sustainability issues.
The Abu Dhabi Sustainability Group (ADSG) is planning to hold its sixth Hiwar Session (the Arabic word for dialogue), a publicly open and regular event, which aims to shed light on current economic, social and environmental issues and its implications for sustainability in Abu Dhabi as seen through the lens of practitioners from the government, business and not-for-profit community.
The upcoming session, planned for 19 September, aims to develop a common understanding about how carbon related policies are supported by adequate financing and are able to impact key sustainability goals. The session will focus on improving the understanding of the challenges and opportunities that the trends towards a Green Economy offer Abu Dhabi and the region.In addition, the session's high profile speakers will also share global best practice and highlight cross-industry comparisons in a way that will support better understanding and provide clarity on how a low carbon future can be achieved. Practitioners are expected to attend the event from ADSG member organisations, Government entities, private sector representatives, as well as attendees from the not-for-proﬁt community. The Abu Dhabi Sustainability Group is pleased to invite interested stakeholders to attend this session by registering or sending any queries by email: email@example.com "The UAE Government has been actively engaging in climate change discussions and developing a national green growth strategy to promote investments in clean energy." said Dr. Thani Al Zeyoudi, Director of Energy and Climate Change Department in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. "We are delighted to support further discussions with key players--investors, policy makers, technology providers, innovators and civil society -- on these important sustainability issues." James Hogan, Etihad Airways' President and Chief Executive Officer said: "We are pleased to be hosting this event and supporting the important work of the ADGS in promoting sustainability practices in Abu Dhabi and the region." Speaking about the preparations for the upcoming Hiwar Session, Ms. Huda Al Houqani, ADSG Director said: "Promoting best practice and engaging with experts both local and international for the benefit of progress and knowledge sharing is at the heart of the ADSG's strategic goals. Furthermore, as partnership and collaboration is how we choose to operate, we are proud to have MoFA as patron's for this high profile event and our member Etihad Airways as host." About ADSG
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV