Best Midsized sedan
2013 Nissan (NSANY) Altima
It's absolutely impossible to stifle a yawn at this category. It's like picking the best pair of loafers, the best Norah Jones song or the best bologna sandwich and chicken soup combo. Even if it's better than all the rest, it's still fairly boring.
Even the car-buying public just doesn't care anymore. Midsize car sales are absolutely flat at 0.8%. America still needs midsize cars, but it likely needs some new socks and an eye exam, too. It doesn't mean it's particularly excited any of the above.That said, the Altima is the best at boring the life out of the automotive market. It's like a cinderblock, a good tomato paste or Eli Manning's haircut -- steady, reliable, does its best when it's reminding you it's not there. Its combined 33 miles only comes up when families realize they haven't stopped for gas in a while. Its 15.4 cubic feet of cargo capacity isn't a whole lot, but it's enough to contain the groceries, a weekend's worth of luggage or any complaints about it not being larger. The cabin is quiet, the new tech features include satellite radio, Pandora, Bluetooth and hands-free texting, and safety options include blind-spot monitoring, a lane-departure warning system and a moving-object detector. It's enough to pique interest, but not so much that people might actually get excited about it. In the world of midsize vehicles, that's what it takes to be the best.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV