Or how about the action in Cheniere Energy (LNG) jumped up big on the Cove Point approval news. Huh? They are competitors, for heaven's sake. Cheniere should be going down, not up. That's just crazy.
How about Yahoo! (YHOO)? The consensus about yesterday's interview with the CEO, Marissa Mayer, is that it was a terrific cheerlead, a great sign that things remain on course for the turnaround. But I heard nothing new that was substantive. No matter, the stock jumped a buck on it.
Let's not forget Facebook (FB), which goes up every day on every single price target bump, bumps that are happening only because the stock has been going up. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV