ATEME And Zixi Partner To Advance Internet Video Transport
AMSTERDAM, Sept. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- (RAI International Broadcasting Convention, Hall One, Stand 1.D71), ATEME, a global leader in advanced video compression solutions for the broadcast industry, and Zixi LLC today announced the integration of Zixi's streaming technology into ATEME's Kyrion encoders and decoders to deliver enhanced quality of service over the "Open Internet."
- Technical game changer for premium content contribution: The collaboration between ATEME and Zixi provides not only reliable video transmissions over the "Open Internet", but also dynamically manages the video bitrate control based upon network conditions. It is the first contribution solution on the market that combines these complex features into a single device.
- ATEME products deliver highest quality video compression: ATEME's Kyrion encoder/decoders are utilized by broadcasters and service providers for live transmission of premium video content over managed fiber and satellite networks.
- Open Internet challenges solved: Content producers are looking toward the "Open Internet," an unmanaged network, as a way to increase their reach while keeping operational costs to a minimum. The "Open Internet" has historically not been a reliable channel for high quality video transmission and is affected by unpredictable jitter and packet losses. Zixi has developed a technology to overcome these difficulties.
- Collaboration combines best-in-class video processing with advanced streaming technologies: Through this partnership, ATEME has integrated Zixi into its high performance encoder/decoders, the Kyrion CM5000 and Kyrion DR8400, delivering an all-in-one bandwidth-intelligent solution for contribution over the "Open Internet." The integrated product line will be available in Q4 of 2013.
SUPPORTING QUOTES: Dennis Albano, CEO, Zixi, said:"We are very pleased to be part of ATEME's updated family of high-performance contribution encoders. This partnership brings together two providers known for delivering the absolute highest possible video quality in their products. This integration allows content producers to use the Internet to deliver video encoded by ATEME's Kyrion products, using any profile without loss of quality and without the headaches, and cost, of fiber and satellite connections. Working together, ATEME and Zixi have proven that Internet video transport is not limited to second-tier content but can – and should – be used for first-class video content delivery."Remi Beaudouin, director of product marketing, ATEME, said:"We are very excited to be able to announce this working collaboration with Zixi and the results of our partnership. We believe this joint solution will benefit many of our customers who are looking to utilize the Internet and unmanaged IP networks to transport their content without having to compromise on video quality." About ZixiZixi LLC is revolutionizing ingest, transport and delivery of studio-quality video on the Internet. By enabling broadcasters, streaming media companies, enterprises and video equipment manufacturers to use unmanaged IP networks to transport their content, Zixi redefines the cost of acquiring and distributing video. Zixi is privately held and based in Waltham, MA. About ATEMEATEME is a world leader in HEVC / H.265, MPEG-4 / H.264 and MPEG-2 bandwidth efficient compression technology. ATEME encoding solutions are deployed widely for live broadcast contribution links, fulltime distribution services, non-linear file and live video streaming solutions for OTT, IPTV and VOD applications. More information is available at www.ateme.com. Contact: Kim Dearborn, 831-440-2407, kim.dearborn@Nadelphelan.com SOURCE ATEME
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV