CalWest Bancorp (OTCBB: CALW), the holding company for South County Bank N.A., today announced the restated consolidated financial results for the six months ended June 30, 2013. During second quarter, 2013, the Bank upgraded four loans to performing from non-performing status. As a result of this change, the Bank recognized the lost interest of $121,000 on non-performing loans to income in the second quarter. Subsequently, it was determined the more conservative industry practice is to accrete that lost interest into income over the remaining term of the loans. “This revision should not overshadow the fact that four loans aggregating $502,000 have returned to accrual status and our non-performing loans have been reduced by 36% to $3.9 million from $6.2 million as of December 2012 year-end,” noted Glenn Gray, CEO and President of CalWest Bancorp and South County Bank.
CalWest Bancorp is the parent company of South County Bank, a community bank recognized for its exemplary service to entrepreneurs, high net worth individuals and non-profit organizations located throughout Southern California. The Bank serves the business community through its four branches located in Rancho Santa Margarita, Irvine, Huntington Beach and Redlands.
Forward Looking Comments:
The statements contained
in this release that are not historical facts are forward-looking
statements based on management’s current expectations and beliefs
concerning future developments and their potential effects on the Bank.
There can be no assurance that future developments affecting the
Bank will be those anticipated by management.
results may differ from those projected in the forward-looking
These forward-looking statements involve risks
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV